simple storage for wd converter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

603doug

Hearth Supporter
Sep 26, 2008
seacoast nh
Mother raised an idiot so I have to ask. I looked at a couple threads about an open system and I have a couple of questions. Can I hook a 500 gal tank inline like a giant aneurysm, water going into the top and discharging through the bottom to my hx. The converter likes to run hot and I have been using it for the last month for domestic hot water and like many I have read about I could go a few days in warmer weather between firings. My 550 gal hot tub is setup this way and mixes well but would suck at 175F trying to use it for storage :)

603doug said:
My 550 gal hot tub is setup this way and mixes well but would suck at 175F trying to use it for storage :)

Maybe so, but think how many lobsters you could cook at the same time!

In general, you want to charge storage with top-to-bottom flow and discharge bottom-to-top. If it's inline, it would have to be pressurized. The 'simplest pressurized storage' sticky explores this a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.