simplex wood coal boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdurant

Nov 4, 2007
Blairsville PA
Hey I have a simplex wood coal boiler as well. It was my grandfathers, I plan on keeping it for another 20 yrs. if possiable. Do you have any info, insight, or links to parts, info for these units. I want to get a set of shaker grates etc. ( i know woodsman fordge sells them). I can not find the model # any place. My unit is light (tan/yellowish)/green. It has the red ball samson non electric draft damper. The boiler has the domestic hotwater coil installed. Any info will greatly help me.

also hey Eric marathon heater company (logwood) did update there website (it was about time y2k was long gone) I was told by a friend who lives in NY state that they are going to update their heating product line up. Is this true? I was told that they are going to incorporate more baffles and firebrick in there boilers etc.

Could be. I talked to the owner of the company at the NYS Farm Show last winter and told him that I thought the future of woodburning was in gasification. He seemed surprised at that, and said that they had build some sort of downdraft gasifier in the past, but didn't have much of a market for it. I bet he checked out the Greenwood display, which was pretty impressive and in the same building as Marathon's booth, and decided to shoot for a hotter firebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.