Simpson Dura Tech question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wyosioux

Feb 28, 2010
Bighorn Mtns, WY
My pipe was delivered today for my chimney. After opening every box and checking for damage, I noticed that the rain cap they sent is the wrong one. They sent the Dura Plus cap, and I have Dura Tech pipe. However, it looks as if it might work. It is currently after hours for both Simpson and Northline Express, so I can't ask them. So, I thought I would check with the braintrust here on this forum. Does anyone deal/install Simpson chimney products?

The Duraplus cap looks as if it snaps onto the pipe, whereas the Duratech cap looks to screw slightly to connect.

You're right. I was just hoping someone could confirm that it would be alrightl. But, I don't think it will be too much trouble to exchange... by the way, Northline Express was great in every way imaginable on this order. Highly recommend them. I did have some dings in the pipe on a couple of pieces, but I think I will just not worry about it and put them toward the house siding. I want to get this Summit ready to burn!

Status
Not open for further replies.