Simpson Dura Vent Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyd

Hearth Supporter
Jun 15, 2009
Hi everyone

I am looking to have an NZ26 installed and will be supplying all the material to a professional installer. I was wondering if any of you have any experience with Simpson Duravent ? How does this pipe stack up against O&M ?

If anyone is familiar with it would I use DuraPlus (UL103) or DuraPlus HTC (ULCS629). The NZ26 is rated for both of these however on the duravent website there is a caption for DuraPlus HTC being for Canadian installations (which this is) but it's only double wall versus triple wall for the DuraPlus ???

BTW, for any hockey fans out there - GO CANADA GO. To all our American friends, you guys spanked us pretty good the other night - good on you - good luck against the swiss ! :)

Both are Class A and made for the same purpose. Your correct the HTC is for Canada only. You can use either one if available up there.
The Double wall is not as wide. If I had the choice, my preference would be the Double wall. I have their double wall rigid liner in my set up and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.