simpson PVP pipe with seal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slls

Minister of Fire
Jun 9, 2008
central maine Lat 45
I was wondering if the pellet vent pro pipe with the new seal, will attach to the old pellet vent pro piping I purchased last year.

slls said:
I was wondering if the pellet vent pro pipe with the new seal, will attach to the old pellet vent pro piping I purchased last year.

Let us know what ya find out.

simpson makes an adapter to take there old pipe to new pipe. The new pipe will fit over the old pipe, but the old pipe will not fit into the new pipe. So it depends on which way you are going.

MountainStoveGuy said:
simpson makes an adapter to take there old pipe to new pipe. The new pipe will fit over the old pipe, but the old pipe will not fit into the new pipe. So it depends on which way you are going.

I want to install a 90 deg EL I just ordered, to my last years PVP pipe, will a 90 deg fit. Then the rest of my piping I ordered to go vertical. Thanks

I just replaced my 90° elbow and had to order the older style. I was told by a retailer there is an adapter but it will add 6" to my overall length. I spoke with Simpson directly and he stated that pellet pro will connect to any pellet vent pipe, but a pellet vent will not connect to pellet vent pro. So if you change the elbow you will have to change everything after it as well.

Because you are saying pellet vent pro is your OLD pipe I would say you are fine. The PVP with new seal pipe fits PVP. The seal was upgraded due to leaks. The connection is the same.

As eschills said. Pellet vent and pellet vent pro(PVP) need and adapter.

The new Pellet vent is compatable with the older 3000 and 33000 series pipe. Same pipe better seal there too!

I got this straight from the Duravent rep.

jay

Thanks for the all the reply's, going pro to pro, so I am all right. I run my stove a lot when I am not home, don't want to risk filling the house with smoke using direct vent, been lucky so far.
Shipment to arrive Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.