Single Control for HRV and Forced Air Furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

op_man1

Mar 11, 2009
Eastern Ontario
I just made my 55 year old house tight enough that I need mechanical ventilation, which means a Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV). After some research, I have decided to do the install myself. I am struggling a bit with one aspect of the overall system, though.

With the HRV unit comes a wall controller. I also have a different wall controller for my central Heating/AC. I would prefer to have one controller / thermostat for both systems (rather than two) but have not been able to find one that integrates both temperature and HRV ventilation functions thus far. Does anyone know of a wall control that would incorporate both the thermostat for the Heat and A/C and the control for the HRV? Company name and model number would be MOST helpful! I am looking at installing the Venmar HE 1.3 HRV.

Check the Honeywell Pro Vision line. I think they have some timed ventilation options. Personally, I would have the two separate controls. They serve different functions.

Thanks BeGreen, I'll look into it.

I guess where the two functions intersect is where there is a need to run a furnace fan at the same time as the HRV (depending on the install configeration). I plan on running the HRV through the existing duct work and they do recommend running the furnace fan at the same time. I could also have both controllers close to each other but then I have to please the esthetics department...

Status
Not open for further replies.