Single Mom....sorting through replacment options...Fireplace Extrodinair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kerimack

Mar 14, 2006
Eugene, Oregon
Good Afternoon Everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any feed back on the Fireplace Extrodinair. I am looking at the 36inch model. One of the things that I like about it is that it's designed to burn with the doors closed. As some of you may remember I am trying to replace the zero clearance woodburning fireplace w/ attached blowers that has been in my home since 1978.

single mom said:
Good Afternoon Everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any feed back on the Fireplace Extrodinair. I am looking at the 36inch model. One of the things that I like about it is that it's designed to burn with the doors closed. As some of you may remember I am trying to replace the zero clearance woodburning fireplace w/ attached blowers that has been in my home since 1978.

Looks real nice, and made by Travis (Lopi and Napoleon both made by them) No experience here, but It sure looks nice.

Travis makes quality products. You cant realy go wrong with any of there appliances in there lineup. You will find all EPA efficient fireplaces are designed to be burned with the doors closed. I would advise you stay away from anything that doenst have a door, or thats not EPA approved.

Before finally picking a wood stove, I looked at the FPX36 fireplace to replace my zero clearance fireplace. From the research I did, it looks like a fabulous unit. It can handle large size logs, burns very well, has a built in blower, and you can customize the appearance (to a degree).

The thing I liked about it was the large glass viewing area. It really lets you get a full view of the burning fire. It's really quite beautiful in action. I saw one at the stove store and sat there about 45 minutes just watching the flames :)

All the reviews I found of it were extremely positive.

gawebster said:
Warren,

Travis Industries manufactures the LOPI, Avalon and Fireplace Xtrordiniar brands in Mukilteo WA.
http://www.travisproducts.com

Napoleon is manufactured by Wolf Manufacturing out of Canada.

Gary

Woops...good catch..I knew that...I didn't mean Napoleon...I meant Avalon. Thanks for the correction

Status
Not open for further replies.