single wall stove pipe question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Englander 30 will be delivered tomorrow afternoon but unfortunately my dvl double wall telescoping pipe wont be here till later next week. With the lows dipping near or below freezing at night and only a high of 38 F tomorrow I want to burn!

My local hardware store where I am getting the stove from does have a limited supply of single wall stove pipe and fittings. Was thinking about just getting some single wall snap lock and installing it temporarily until next week. I looked at what they have today and they have 24" sections of 6" snap lock and that is it. How would I go about connecting a straight assembly to the stove up to the support box with no slip section or anything else adjustable? Is there something I am not thinking about?

Patience grasshopper, the ants are already warm.

How about getting some stovepipe to do the break-in fire(s) outside? Won't heat your house but at least you won't have to open the windows to get the smell out. And you get to play with your new "toy". ;)

It can be done pretty easily by setting the stove infront of its location far enough to get the pipe started then slide it back into position.

SIngle wall is fine, I use 10' of it on my 30. Your problem is installing a stove pipe with no slip joint. That will take some precise cutting and/or lots of luck.

Nothing wrong with snap lock single wall, I would guess that most freestanding stoves in use are hooked up with the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.