1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Sirius Radio

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Jack Straw, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    I called to Sirius radio to cancel my subscription and they offered to lower it to $86 and I got them down to $75.
    It was originally going to be $176. So if you have Sirius you may want to call them.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Bocefus78

Bocefus78 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Just Outside Indy
    Yup, just like the cable companies.....they will deal with you instead of losing a customer. I have been paying them $7/month for years now instead of the $18 or whatever it is
  3. CTguy9230

CTguy9230 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest CT
    lol....when i called to cancel my x-m radio....the nice indian lady
    told me that if i kept it , it would only cost me 3 dollars a month !
  4. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    Dam it, maybe I could have gotten them to pay me to keep it!
    charly likes this.
  5. muncybob

muncybob Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    When my free 6 month trial ends in our new car I'll see what XM has to say, but recently I called DirecTV(been a customer for 8+ yrs) to state I'm considering a switch to Dish. Lady abruptly asked what date I wanted to terminate...no negotiations, nothing.
  6. rover47

rover47 Member

Loc:
    Albany New York
    Let it expire, then wait. They offered me $25. for 6 months and no other fees.
  7. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Interesting . . . I just called the other day since the satellite dish was taken down to put on the roof (a project still in the works) . . . told them that I was considering Dish TV since the dish was down anyways . . . initial offer was just to offer a few months of HBO/Cinemax and a bit off if I went to auto-pay . . . told them I'm old fashioned and don't use auto pay on anything and don't really care for HBO and Cinemax . . . at that point I said I would regrettably cancel . . .

Tossed to another person who offered a $20 credit which I could use towards getting HighDef and the local channels . . . which translates into a net savings of $7 . . . not a lot . . . and honestly I think I could have bargained a bit longer for either a little better price or at least some free HBO . . . but no contract, no auto-pay and no service charge . . . fair enough for me in my mind.

Also a long time user . . . 8 years under a plan that is no longer even offered.
  8. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Very good thread . . . never thought about trying to get a better deal with my wife's XM subscription . . . may have to try this.
  9. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    These days I think I'd much rather have a silly, fun radio than one that's sirius.
  10. Boom Stick

Boom Stick Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Capital Region, NY
    I used to subscribe to sirius and haven't for a while....I get emails all the time 6 months for 25 dollars no activation fee. I have been really thin king about doing it. Once you get in then just threaten to cancel after 6 months unless they can meet same price.
  11. potter

potter Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    western NY
    Thanks for this, just knocked half off my renewal!
    Now if I can get Frontier to give me decent DSL speed, consistently......
  12. Paulywalnut

Paulywalnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    I've never had any luck getting a discount. I let it expire once and still nothing.
    Maybe I'm not forceful enough.
  13. yooperdave

yooperdave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    I just loathe dealing with charter (cable). Same thing, just a huge amount of customer dissatisfaction. The toll free numbers give me one set of prices, and then the local office always "corrects" the prices by raising them a bit and telling me that the people on the toll free were wrong.

No wonder they were voted the 3rd most hated company in America.