1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Sirius Radio

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Jack Straw, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    I called to Sirius radio to cancel my subscription and they offered to lower it to $86 and I got them down to $75.
    It was originally going to be $176. So if you have Sirius you may want to call them.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Bocefus78

Bocefus78 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Just Outside Indy
    Yup, just like the cable companies.....they will deal with you instead of losing a customer. I have been paying them $7/month for years now instead of the $18 or whatever it is
  3. CTguy9230

CTguy9230 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest CT
    lol....when i called to cancel my x-m radio....the nice indian lady
    told me that if i kept it , it would only cost me 3 dollars a month !
  4. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    Dam it, maybe I could have gotten them to pay me to keep it!
    charly likes this.
  5. muncybob

muncybob Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    When my free 6 month trial ends in our new car I'll see what XM has to say, but recently I called DirecTV(been a customer for 8+ yrs) to state I'm considering a switch to Dish. Lady abruptly asked what date I wanted to terminate...no negotiations, nothing.
  6. rover47

rover47 Member

Loc:
    Albany New York
    Let it expire, then wait. They offered me $25. for 6 months and no other fees.
  7. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Interesting . . . I just called the other day since the satellite dish was taken down to put on the roof (a project still in the works) . . . told them that I was considering Dish TV since the dish was down anyways . . . initial offer was just to offer a few months of HBO/Cinemax and a bit off if I went to auto-pay . . . told them I'm old fashioned and don't use auto pay on anything and don't really care for HBO and Cinemax . . . at that point I said I would regrettably cancel . . .

Tossed to another person who offered a $20 credit which I could use towards getting HighDef and the local channels . . . which translates into a net savings of $7 . . . not a lot . . . and honestly I think I could have bargained a bit longer for either a little better price or at least some free HBO . . . but no contract, no auto-pay and no service charge . . . fair enough for me in my mind.

Also a long time user . . . 8 years under a plan that is no longer even offered.
  8. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Very good thread . . . never thought about trying to get a better deal with my wife's XM subscription . . . may have to try this.
  9. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    These days I think I'd much rather have a silly, fun radio than one that's sirius.
  10. Boom Stick

Boom Stick Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Capital Region, NY
    I used to subscribe to sirius and haven't for a while....I get emails all the time 6 months for 25 dollars no activation fee. I have been really thin king about doing it. Once you get in then just threaten to cancel after 6 months unless they can meet same price.
  11. potter

potter Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    western NY
    Thanks for this, just knocked half off my renewal!
    Now if I can get Frontier to give me decent DSL speed, consistently......
  12. Paulywalnut

Paulywalnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    I've never had any luck getting a discount. I let it expire once and still nothing.
    Maybe I'm not forceful enough.
  13. yooperdave

yooperdave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    I just loathe dealing with charter (cable). Same thing, just a huge amount of customer dissatisfaction. The toll free numbers give me one set of prices, and then the local office always "corrects" the prices by raising them a bit and telling me that the people on the toll free were wrong.

No wonder they were voted the 3rd most hated company in America.