Six More Weeks of Winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone should have shot that ground hog!

My calendar doesn't care if Punxsatawnet Phil 'sees' his shadow or not.

Winter doesn't end here until sometime after the first day of Summer arrives, anyway. Even that's not a sure bet.

I don't trust a rodent . . . or guys who wear top hats . . . to tell me what the weather will be like.

firefighterjake said:
I don't trust a rodent . . . or guys who wear top hats . . . to tell me what the weather will be like.

I agree, however they are about as reliable as the weathermen!!

And if he hadn't seen his shadow, that means that Spring will be here in only 6 more weeks.

Had a couple fires to take the chill off in the morning, in the first week of June, last year. Six more weeks is nothin'.
Hopefully, in six weeks, I'll be slowing down the burning schedule. This gettin' up in the middle of cold Jan., Feb. mornings to feed the fire is getting to me.

Spring may arrive in about 6 weeks according to the calendar, but I'm more concerned about when burning season ends. if last year is anyhting tojudge by, it'll be early June.

Status
Not open for further replies.