size of a garn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am researching which gasifier to buy I found some vidoes on you tube of people using a garn boiler. Both videos show a boiler that looks like its the size of a walk in freeezer. Both people had a seperate garage/house that housed the unit. The units were built into a wall or some kind of box structure. Is this really the case, are these are garn boilers that big, or did I come across the largest ones they make?

This is the next to smallest Garn. It is the 1500 and it is parked in my garage waiting to be installed. It has been referred to as the U-boat, the iron lung, the crematorium and the "Jolly Green Giant." At first blush some people say it is too big to be loved, sorta like Faye Wray looking at King Kong. It grows on you. Besides, by the time you bring in water storage into other designs, it really does not take much more, if any, room. Some like Chihuahuas and some like Bull Mastiffs.
3163516775_71171e01a0_o.jpg

captaintone said:
Wow guess it really is that large. Does that unit have the water storage system included in the unit?

Yes. That is the best and unique feature of the GARN. Heat storage is integral to the unit. The fire box and 5 pass heat exchanger are all submerged in the water tank. There is a diagram on the GARN web site.

I have the WHS2000 and it is approximately 6'x6'x11'. You can see some pictures of my installation via the link in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.