Skip tooth chain

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JASFARMER

Jan 14, 2014
Canton, IL
does anyone know a good reliable website to order a assembled full skip tooth chain for a stihl. Local dealer can't get it or won't sell it or something. This will be used exclusively on my noodling saw.

Thanks

Pretty easy to find loops on eBay, if you know the pitch, gauge and drive link count you need.

I love Bailey's, good prices and they have what you need. Supporting your local guys is sometimes hard. My local mower place had an outdoor demo day yesterday, I sat outside 10 minutes or more and nobody ever came out, another group of guys was there before I even pulled up and they said the same thing. I guess they were too busy to even try to make a sell, I'm not going to beg people to take my money anymore. I told the wife at least at Lowe's somebody would have asked could they help me.

Pretty easy to find loops on eBay, if you know the pitch, gauge and drive link count you need.
I try not to buy much off of eBay as I had a couple of bad experiences but appreciate the response. It's 3/8 .050 chain

Ah well, I use eBay quite a bit with few problems, but it's not perfect. Bailey's is good in most respects, but shipping for small packages is high enough to turn me away a lot of the time.

If you catch Bailey's when they have the woodland pro/Carleton chain on sale and buy several loops, it makes the shopping look a lot better. I order at least six at a time.
Of course, it's been a few years. They don't send me catalogs anymore.

If you catch Bailey's when they have the woodland pro/Carleton chain on sale and buy several loops, it makes the shopping look a lot better. I order at least six at a time.
Of course, it's been a few years. They don't send me catalogs anymore.
Thanks. Just ordered from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.