Skunk Tracks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like skunk tracks, what do you think.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2681-1.jpg
    100_2681-1.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 397
  • 100_2682.jpg
    100_2682.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 544
  • 100_2683.jpg
    100_2683.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 481
Had a few spare minutes yesterday afternoon,visited the Pella Wildlife Center exhibit at the mall.
This is Flower,almost grown male Striped Skunk.Very docile they make great pets when descented,much easier to raise than raccoons.

Attachments

• flower the skunk.jpg
    flower the skunk.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 361
  • flower the skunk (2).jpg
    flower the skunk (2).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 369
Zap, I think that looks more like a coon track but I can be wrong.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, I think that looks more like a coon track but I can be wrong.

It could be Sav, we will see if I can get a picture with the trail cam.

Zap

a buddy of mine got married to a gal that had a pet skunk. (also de-scented). he said the damn thing still had a musky smell that he couldn't stand, but the biggest part of the pepe le' pew that he couldn't stand was the fact that it was nocturnal. kept him up all night while it was rooting around the house bumping into stuff!

Looks the same as the prints I found on the side of my bee hive >:-( which looks like a coon to me. Skunk has fatter pads

tracks.jpg

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.