Skytech 3301p programming question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cheeks

Nov 18, 2012
MA
Hi, I have the Skytech 3301p thermostat for my Hampton GCI60 pellet insert. I've used the thermostat mostly in Thermo mode once i've manually turned the pellet stove on. My pellet stove has options for manual, auto/off, and hi/low - which i use.

What I would like to do is program it to start up on it's own at 5:30am and hit 70 degrees. Has anyone figured out how to do this with this thermostat? Countdown is one option but the manual (which i've read several times) says that it only keeps things 'ON' and then turns them off after time expires. Would it also turn it on after time expires?

The programs dont allow for "turn stove off" just times and temperatures.

Thanks for any help!

Time and temp is all that is needed. Set for a lower temp, say 60F during sleep hours, say 10pm to 5am and then to 70F at 5:30am. It will turn off the stove when the temp reaches 70F and will turn it on again when the temp drops below 70F. The factory setting is pretty close to this.
Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 12.55.16 PM.png

Thank you for the reply, and it makes complete sense. I should have noted that I want the stove off during the night. It's a pretty small room that is vacated for 8 hours straight and when the stove is on it messes with the upstairs thermostat and has the effect of cooling down the bedrooms with closed doors. But it might be worth a try. I have an email into Skytech as well and will update this if a solution that works for me is possible.
Thanks!

Just set the night temp to something very low like 50F.

Solution:
Change thermostat to "prog" and move pellet stove console setting from "hi/lo" to "auto/off" before heading to bed. (since i like hi/lo during the day and the thermo mode on the thermostat). Make sure it is on the level that I want for the morning.

First, program thermostat for 50 degrees at 10pm, and 70 at 5am for each day.
At approximately 10:30 the pellet stove will shut off since there will be no call for heat for 30 mins. At 5am there will be a call for heat and the pellet stove will start up.

This assumes the temperature will not drop below 50 all night. In my case I have the baseboard on 55 so i'm assured it will not.