Skytech 3301P2 Thermostat Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman12

Sep 16, 2011
Rutland, MA
I definitely need to do wireless in my house. I was thinking of getting the Skytech 3301P2 but can't find many reviews on this specific model on the forum. Does anyone know if this would work or what the difference this is with the 3301p. I couldn't find anywhere if it had a swing on it either. I found it new on ebay for $119.00 and the Skytech 3301P for 109.00. Does anyone have any info on this or have it? Also if you know any wireless ones recommended. Once again, thanks for all the help everyone has given me since joining this great site.

Here's a link to the Skytech 3301P2:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skytech-330...NTERESTS_REALTIME_U&clkid=3825167034263264943

Thanks for the reply Xena. It does have a swing per the manual. I copied it below. So it seems it could just be a newer model with the blue back-lit display then. So you think this should work with my Quad Classic Bay? Also is the only difference between this and the 5301P just all touch screen?

SETTING THE TEMPERATURE SWING (TEMPERATURE DIFFERENTIAL)

The Thermo Mode on the transmitter operates the appliance whenever the room temperature varies a certain number of degrees from the set temperature. This variation is called the “SWING†or TEMPERATURE DIFFERENTIAL. The factory preset swing temperature is 2º F (1º C). To change the “swing†setting:

Press the • SET button and the DOWN button simultaneously to display the current “swing†setting in the set temp frame. The letter “S†will display in the room temp frame on the LCD screen.
Press the • UP or DOWN button to adjust “SWING†temperature (1º-3º F) (1º-2º C).
To store the “swing†setting press the • SET button, and the new “swing†setting will be automatically programmed.

I have the 5301 and its a good unit. It has the touch screen option as well. Along with back lit display and swing temp adjust. I originally had the Quad Smart Stat (Junk!) But it broke and I got this as a replacement under warranty (had to pay the price difference/$25).

They are pretty handy for now (shoulder seasons) but during the heart of Winter the CB runs 24/7 on Low and does a fine job. So the remote is obsolete for a few months. But in Fall and Spring its nice. A 3* swing and set the stove to low and it might only kick on twice at night (runs longer because its on low. But stays off longer for the same reason)

Just installed a 3301P today on my XXV and I'm thrilled. MAJOR disadvantage (IMO) of the P2 you are looking at is the lack of temp settings per day. With the P you get 4 adjustments per day, with the P2 you only get 2. They lure you in with the backlit display, but this diminishes the battery power more quickly. Take a look at the manuals for both and see what you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.