skytech remote working nice on harmon xxv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom D

Jul 10, 2007
Watertown , Wisconsin
thank you for a good sight lots of nice information from you good boys and gals.
i got around and hooked up my skytech wireless thermostat to my stove and it works
great. set it up to come on at 6:00 am. to 70 deg. and at 09:30 pm to kick back
to 65 deg. easy to program and very nice people at skytech. i wish all companies
would be that nice to talk to. i found this company from this sight,i just have one
question to ask. when temperature is meet exhaust blower still runs and blower
for stove shuts off. i was wondering if you had a pretty good flame, i now it will
start going down and still feed some pellets to not cool off stove to quick. does that
hurt the stove buy shutting off room blower.

misty said:
thank you for a good sight lots of nice information from you good boys and gals.
i got around and hooked up my skytech wireless thermostat to my stove and it works
great. set it up to come on at 6:00 am. to 70 deg. and at 09:30 pm to kick back
to 65 deg. easy to program and very nice people at skytech. i wish all companies
would be that nice to talk to. i found this company from this sight,i just have one
question to ask. when temperature is meet exhaust blower still runs and blower
for stove shuts off. i was wondering if you had a pretty good flame, i now it will
start going down and still feed some pellets to not cool off stove to quick. does that
hurt the stove buy shutting off room blower.

Doesn't that stove have the room sensor? How does this work with your thermostat? I read the thread for wiring Harman in series with the sensor. It seems like the thermostat just causes a fault on the stove once meeting the temperature you set on the thermostat. To me, this would cause the stove to continually cycle between immediate shutdown and call for heat and wondering if this is ok for the stove.

Thanks,
DC

you right as far as the fault i have mine set to kick back at 09:30 pm to 65 deg. and to turn on in the morning and now i have
the set point at 78 de. we have the stove set at 70 deg. during the day that way it is still using the probe on stove.
the thing i dont like about the harman is the dial to adjust heat is to senstive all the remote does it shut it off at night to set point. and warmer in the morning when i get up.
as far as when the stove does reach temp .it shuts down and gives you a 4 blink fault. as soon as it calls for heat
it auto resets.

Status
Not open for further replies.