Skytech TS/R-2A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim M.

Dec 31, 2012
Falmouth, ME
Just hooked this wireless thermostat up to our Flame FP-45. It is working to the best of my knowledge. Set stove to Thermostat setting and programmed the unit, set the wall mounted thermostat to 75 while room temp was 71 and the stove kicked on and is running.

My question is this while the stove runs and heats the room to 75 degrees and as the stove adjusts the heat settings to get up to temp will the heat settings visibly change on the stove? For exampe I have heat settings 1 - 6 and whichever heat setting it is on there is a little red light below the heat setting that illuminates. While it is on right now and I am assuming getting the room up to temp the light remains illuminated on heat setting 1 ---- does this mean that it is only on the lowest setting??

Hopefully I am making some sense in trying to explain this.

Ahhhhhh think I figured it out, from the manual (after turning on and setting mode to "thermostat) "The heat level is then selected using the heat level selector. When set in thermostatic mode the stove will automatically run at the heat level selected until the set room temperature is reached. When that occurs the stove will switch to heat setting #1 until the thermostat calls for heat again. When the thermostat calls for heat again the stove will increase its feed rate to matcht he heat setting selected."

Guess I shoulda just read the manual a little closer before I posted this!!!

I think I understand your question. According to your owners manual, it will cycle from 1 up to the heat level YOU select.
"If the thermostat mode is selected, the stove will automatically modulate between the lowest heat
level and the heat level selected to keep the room temperature at the thermostat’s setting. If the set room temperature is achieved while the stove has been running at the lowest heat level for more than 45 minutes, the unit will automatically shut off and will start another ignition cycle only when the thermostat calls for heat again."

You got it imacman ----- bumped it up manually to heat setting 4 and will let that go all night. Will have to wait till I am home this weekend to pay close enough attention to it to see if it does the cycle up and down like it's supposed to. It may cycle down from setting 4 to 1 overnight tonight if it hits 75 but if that happens I wont see it cause I'll be fast asleep !

Status
Not open for further replies.