Skytech wireless thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smalltown

Minister of Fire
Oct 1, 2008
Western Maine
I searched the forum as I was wondering about the Skytec 3301P programmable thermostat and whether is can be used with my Quad Castile.
The search revealed some comments about the Skytec units, but I am not sure about my particular stove. I have visited the Skytec web site and they do not mention anything about pellet stoves nor how the remote does the controlling. My guess is that all I need is a simple loop closure from the remote to wire directly to the Castile. I was hoping somebody was actually using one on a Quad unit that is the same or comparable to the Castile. I may have to call the company and ask them, but prefer to hear somebody that is actually using the product if possible.

Did I mention I love my Castile! :coolsmile:

We have a Quad Santa Fe insert (same guts as Castile) and are using a Skytech thermostat. It is the newer model #3301P2 (only difference is that it is backlit) and it is fantastic. Being able to move it around the house is invaluable. We have Lux thermostats for oil and they are great also. Using both together works well because we can program the Lux to only come on, only if the temperature reaches 60 degrees. By placing the Skytech in different locations, enabled us to find the spot where the desired temp. balance between main rooms and bedrooms could be achieved. Highly recommend it. Was well worth the extra $50 to get the backlit model.

No responses, but I called Skytech this morning and asked. The Skytech 3301P will work with the Quad Castile.

Thanks jackiec I just read your post and went back and edited my own. Nice to read you have one and are happy with it.
Thanks again!

I also have one and it works perfectly. Just wire the stove to the Valve terminals.

I had bought a skytech to use with a gas fireplace insert. It's function was really intermittent. Finally took the receiver apart and found that the solder joints for the wire connections were bad. Reflowed them and then transfered it to the LOPI Pioneer pellet stove in my basement which has a simple wire closure contact set for an external thermostat. It's been running a treat. Holds the room at my set 70 degrees to - 1 degree. My pellet consumption last year was a bag every day and a half running on low / low settings. Kept the downstairs way too warm and was trying to get the heat up through the stairwell to keep it cooler. This year with the thermo I'm burning a bag every three days to hold the downstairs at 70. The propane gas hog fireplace upstairs was replaced by a second pellet stove. A harman XXV which burns a bag every day and a half..between them I average a bag a day in total for 3000 square. Adding the programmable thermostat to the Lopi was a fantastic addition, but if you have problems that SEEM to be the wires aren't making, don't be afraid to take the receiver apart for a peak at the solder job on the connection lugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.