Slate for hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_t

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2008
SE MI
Been trying to find pricing on this stuff, but not having any luck. Is this a good deal? Forty-four might be just about perfect for what I need, plus she says she has 10-15 more she can sell me. I'm looking for something a little bit better quality than what I can get at the box stores. I've been to The Tile Shop, but wow $$$$$$.

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/mat/2577388992.html

Brazilian Slate 12x12
12x12 Slate Tiles
Made in Brazil
Color: Brazilian Multicolor Rusty
Made by Cleftstone
Our builder ordered too much!

I have 44 tiles

$175
Cash only!

jeff_t said:
Been trying to find pricing on this stuff, but not having any luck. Is this a good deal? Forty-four might be just about perfect for what I need, plus she says she has 10-15 more she can sell me. I'm looking for something a little bit better quality than what I can get at the box stores. I've been to The Tile Shop, but wow $$$$$$.

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/mat/2577388992.html

Brazilian Slate 12x12
12x12 Slate Tiles
Made in Brazil
Color: Brazilian Multicolor Rusty
Made by Cleftstone
Our builder ordered too much!

I have 44 tiles

$175
Cash only!

They must be a high quality slate! Around here at either a box store or a tile store you can probably get 12x12 slate for $1-$2.50 a square. Not sure what your looking for but to me that seems kind of high.

I've looked at the stuff at Lowes and Menards. It looks like it's gonna flake apart. It's like $1.75-2/ sq ft. Just looking for a little better quality, but good stuff at Tile Shop is $6-7.

You are correct about flaking. Definitely avoid the cheaper stuff. If she had a job done with this tile, can you take a look at it installed? If the quality is good the price is not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.