Slider Damper Possibly Stuck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorEast

Oct 30, 2011
Eastern Mass
Hi all
Pulled my Enviro EF2 apart today to clean. When I pull all the parts from the firebox for cleaning I can see the damper which is pushed in all the way and leaves a space of about 3/4". Should it be no space.
If I try to push it further it jams and I have to fight to free it. It makes a sound of hitting something metal.

I've been using this one stove since 2004 and I've always liked it.

Thanks for any help

Hi Nor, the air damper typically for an ef2/ef3 has about 3/4 inch to 1 inch of silver rod showing outside of body of stove. It should be adjusted for a proper reading with a draft setting or visually pleasing flame, which most people do. On the inside, it is not closed completely, you always want the air path open. For a good running stove, usually about 3/4 inch of silver showing with the black ball on the rod.

Reactions: NorEast
Hi Nor, the air damper typically for an ef2/ef3 has about 3/4 inch to 1 inch of silver rod showing outside of body of stove. It should be adjusted for a proper reading with a draft setting or visually pleasing flame, which most people do. On the inside, it is not closed completely, you always want the air path open. For a good running stove, usually about 3/4 inch of silver showing with the black ball on the rod.
Thanks Stovelark

Status
Not open for further replies.