Slight top auger noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisnow86

Minister of Fire
hey guys just wondering somthing... While my englander is on start up before the convention blower comes on I can hear the top auger motor turn on and off... Is this normal? It's not very loud just can hear it.. I think I'm just paranoid lol

its not terribly unusual especially with a full hopper as it does ahave a bit of a load on it, my stove at home if i listen carefully i can hear the feed auger cycle even with the room fan running on high been that way for the 5 years ive had it in thehouse, hasnt missed a lick

One other thing I noticed my stove does not have a restricter plate at the bottom of the hopper... I've never had a pellet jam or any issues and I have the stove dialed in perfect.. Is it ok with out it?

Status
Not open for further replies.