slip connector and tee

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcfall

Feeling the Heat
Nov 28, 2005
I've decided to install my new stove (a Keystone) using a stainless slip connector and a 1-foot piece of pipe (Olympic's Rhino Rigid) for the stovepipe, instead of cutting a single length to fit. I originally received a 1-foot piece of 7" pipe and a 7" slip connector since my stove's flue exit is 7". The 7" slip connector, however, would not fit into the 7" rigid, so a 6.5" slip connector is being shipped to me. I have never used a slip connector, so I am wondering what is the best way to seal the .5" gap between the slip connector and the rigid pipe?

Also, the slip connector will then insert INTO the tee, right? I know that all crimped end or small ends of the pipe are to point toward the stove, but I suppose the TEE is an exception as it seems that the TEE acts as a female connector for both the stovepipe and the liner...

Lastly, I assume it is fine to use stainless screws instead of rivets for the stovepipe and the connection to the TEE?

Status
Not open for further replies.