1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

slip connector and tee

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by rmcfall, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmcfall

rmcfall Feeling the Heat

I've decided to install my new stove (a Keystone) using a stainless slip connector and a 1-foot piece of pipe (Olympic's Rhino Rigid) for the stovepipe, instead of cutting a single length to fit. I originally received a 1-foot piece of 7" pipe and a 7" slip connector since my stove's flue exit is 7". The 7" slip connector, however, would not fit into the 7" rigid, so a 6.5" slip connector is being shipped to me. I have never used a slip connector, so I am wondering what is the best way to seal the .5" gap between the slip connector and the rigid pipe?

Also, the slip connector will then insert INTO the tee, right? I know that all crimped end or small ends of the pipe are to point toward the stove, but I suppose the TEE is an exception as it seems that the TEE acts as a female connector for both the stovepipe and the liner...

Lastly, I assume it is fine to use stainless screws instead of rivets for the stovepipe and the connection to the TEE?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.