Slow Life

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
This is an awesome timelapse video taken of the corals of the Great Barrier Reef. Nature is so amazing and at times so fragile.

Reactions: Hills Hoard
Yes it is, as are most of our great coral reefs. They are under a double threat from sea temperature rise and ocean acidification. As the carbon content of the atmosphere increases the ocean is getting more acidic. This is destroying the very foundation of ocean sea life.

Fortunately life adapts. If there wasn't the largest mass extinction 65 million yrs ago, we wouldn't be here!

Yep, all it will take is wiping out humans and a few million years. Then the earth can get back to business.

Reactions: WiscWoody
Viral.

We are pretty pervasive - but, in the real scheme of things, we aren't even dust in the wind. Just a bunch of ants, I guess......but pretty clever in some ways.

Perhaps our biggest folly is putting ourselves separate from nature. But I think we are slowly fixing that one...maybe I'm an optimist, but I get the feeling the current generations are into appreciating the natural world...maybe more than some former generations.

Yep, all it will take is wiping out humans and a few million years. Then the earth can get back to business.
Exactly, that is the nature of things. Our time on this planet is temporary get used to it. Most living things that have ever lived on this planet are extinct after a long life. Change is normal.

Were not "saving the planet" as i often hear. Were (hopefully)saving ourselves. The planet survived a collision with another planet at one time so i think it can survive some pesky humans.

Were not "saving the planet" as i often hear. Were (hopefully)saving ourselves. The planet survived a collision with another planet at one time so i think it can survive some pesky humans.
Yes, the planet survived a collision with another planet and theory has it that it created the moon. But scientists call earth the "lucky planet" as everything about it is balanced just right for life to proliferate. I just hope that our scientists and leaders can keep that very delicate balance between big business needs and Mother Earths capacity to keep us alive. I better not get into this.... I'll be going for hours.

Conditions just right for our survival requirements. Which came first, the chicken or the egg.

Great post, webbie. I tried to "like" it, but the priests would not allow it.

Seems like I post this once a year, here:

Reactions: WiscWoody and gzecc
I know a lot of "Humans" who live a slow life.

I usually wish I were one of them, Oak.

"Too much hurry ruins the body, I'll sit easy, fan the spark..."

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Thats the beauty of a wood stove. I install a stove in each place i rehab. Toss all my cutoffs and tearout wood in. Then i spend my breaks watching the fire show. It calms the nerves,soothes the soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.