1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    This has been happening for the last week, it is like something in the background is holding up the site from finishing to load, not sure if it is the ads being served or not. I have been waiting to post to see if it got cleared up but it still is going on.

I have tried a different laptop with win8 and IE at home and it seems worse than here at work with firefox.

Anyone else having issues? I have to stop and hit reload and then it will go through and finish loading.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    No issues here. Very fast load times. Pay attention to the little stuff that pops up in the very lower left corner when you load a new page. If you are getting lag times you can often see what is trying to load at that time.
  3. altmartion

altmartion Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    pulaski ny
    i have been having this issue today. but only today. usually it is fast.
  4. Jags

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Loading this page was so fast that I had no chance to time it. Less than half a second.
  5. mellow

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    Sometimes I have no issue, it is a hit or miss thing for me. One time it loads fast, when I go to reply to another thread I have to stop and reload to get the post box to show up.
  6. Jags

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Hmmm...that sounds like a local issue or possibly a conflict with IE/FF/Chrome or whatever you are using. Do you have the option of a different browser - does it have the same issue? For the record I am using Firefox.
  7. mellow

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    I get the same issue at home on a different laptop and different browser, the only thing that is the same is that my provider is Comcast at both locations.
  8. mellow

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    I was kind of hoping more would jump in with a "me to" answer, it might just be a local comcast routing issue.
  9. Jags

Loc:
    Northern IL
    That is really not that uncommon. If a provider is swapping out parts or having issues, it can often take a day or two to rebuild all the routes. The internuts is kinda big.
  10. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Not much me-too as google shows our page speed to be pretty good and site health to be high.....

Average page load for the Hearth Room is about 3 1/4 seconds - that is over the entire country or world, and includes mobile, etc.

Browser can make a difference. Chrome and FF seem to time the quickest.