Slow news day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fossil

Accidental Moderator
Sep 30, 2007
Bend, OR
Front page story in the Bend Bulletin this morning showed a pic of a sizable (~70' tall) Ponderosa Pine blown down by wind in a guy's yard. This was an old and not altogether healthy tree, mostly I think it just finally fell over. Big news was that it missed both his house & his fence. This is a big tree...I'm gonna guess from the pic of the guy standing next to it that it's about 24" DBH or a bit better. Anyway, my favorite part of the article was the last sentence:

"Lewis family friend Phil Burgess said he plans to burn the tree for warmth this winter. He plans to remove it at the end of the week." :lol:

Wow, I wonder how many people will call him up and say "Don't you know you're not supposed to burn pine ya dummy? It causes creosote!"
I bet none will say, "you need to season that wood you dummy"

I wanted to view the article to see if there were any comments about it, because I'm just that bored.
But you need to subscribe to the bulletin to view stories :[

I wonder what his plan was prior to the tree falling down. Maybe he counts on dumb luck to provide his firewood each fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.