Small Black Locust score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blujacket

Minister of Fire
Oct 2, 2008
West Carrollton,Ohio
IMAG0005.jpg

Got it already split? Or you split it?

Jackpot score!

Reactions: ScotO
Nice stuff for sure...getting it all cut up like that is great too, my little BL score this week had to be cut up, I've got one mini square staked and the rest ready to be stacked tonite, awesome stuff

Nice stuff for sure...getting it all cut up like that is great too, my little BL score this week had to be cut up, I've got one mini square staked and the rest ready to be stacked tonite, awesome stuff

There's so much wood to be had around here it's crazy. All bucked and ready for pick up. :)

There's so much wood to be had around here it's crazy. All bucked and ready for pick up. :)

I think I know where you got it. That guy called me last week and left me a message on my cell phone that I didn't check til today. I called him this morning and he said he had posted it on CL and it was all gone in a manner of hours. I have plenty of wood but I would have got some just to try out some black locust. Ha Ha. Like you said there's plenty around. Enjoy it.

I think I know where you got it. That guy called me last week and left me a message on my cell phone that I didn't check til today. I called him this morning and he said he had posted it on CL and it was all gone in a manner of hours. I have plenty of wood but I would have got some just to try out some black locust. Ha Ha. Like you said there's plenty around. Enjoy it.

Towerview off of Mad River Rd.. You need to keep an eye out for the Locust, Mitch. It is primo. :)

Nice job, Blujacket! You know how we LOVE LOVE LOVE that locust at this boy's house!!

Yes sir! Scotty, this street is loaded with mature Locust at everyhouse! This house has 2 left that are 50'-75'. His insurance co. threatened to cancel him because he has had 4 fall on his house in the last few years! More to come in the future..==c

Yes sir! Scotty, this street is loaded with mature Locust at everyhouse! This house has 2 left that are 50'-75'. His insurance co. threatened to cancel him because he has had 4 fall on his house in the last few years! More to come in the future..==c
Maybe he'll let you cut them down before they fall on his house.==c

Nice roaring hot fires with that. Remember 3 years now;)

Three years no way, split it ASAP single stack it, place it in the sun and wind, it will be ready sooner then most say. It is yellow when first split but turns reddish on the outside as it dries, I have a load from Mother's Day that is now at 19%. Do the job right, you will achieve...

Look at those tiny sticks on the back on that stack!!

I saw those 2 in tha back, was gonna say I hope u told him to call u to get rid of the rest of it.

Reactions: ScotO
I just love to split black locust..... Very rewarding feeling...

Reactions: blujacket
I REALLY love loading it in the stove on a single digit night in the middle of January, just before bedtime......
Because I know when I get up in the morning, the house will still be in the 70's and there will still be a huge bed of red-hot coals in the stove awaiting a reload!!
Scotty, I love your wisdom, and I sooooo look forward to burning black locust for the first time, this winter, I have been doing my best with my wood to get it ready to burn, I am looking forward to the burning year ahead....thank you for teaching...

Nice score, Blujacket. Cool porch, too. Got a big pile of BL to torch this year also.

Reactions: blujacket and ScotO
Scotty, I love your wisdom, and I sooooo look forward to burning black locust for the first time, this winter, I have been doing my best with my wood to get it ready to burn, I am looking forward to the burning year ahead....thank you for teaching...
I can't take credit for it.....some of it I learned by trial and error, but a lot of it I learned by being on here with guys like Dennis, among many others.....you'll be a pro in no time.

Nice score man :) Maybe someday I will get some locust ;hm

Status
Not open for further replies.