Small Black Locust Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
I went to my brothers lake property over the weekend and he told me to bring my saws. He cut a few small black locust tree's down to make room for a driveway so I helped him buck the wood and hauled it away for him. We have some more to cut in the fall but he wanted to get these out of the way to start with. I've never had my hands on this stuff so I'm kind of excited to try this out next season.

Here's a picture......

Attachments

• DSC_0336_1637.jpg
    DSC_0336_1637.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 344
Rdust nice score, did you get a chance to pop a cold one?

zap

zapny said:
Rdust nice score, did you get a chance to pop a cold one?

zap

Of course! When I wear a t-shirt that says "I'm a drinker not a fighter" how could I not. :cheese:

Attachments

• DSC_0274_1575.jpg
    DSC_0274_1575.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 307
It always feels good to help someone out of such fine firewood. Looks like you had a nice day at the lake as a bonus.

Split those in half, full sun for 6 mos. should be <25%mc.

SolarAndWood said:
It always feels good to help someone out of such fine firewood. Looks like you had a nice day at the lake as a bonus.

The day was actually for crap but being at the lake made it a nice day!

gzecc said:
Split those in half, full sun for 6 mos. should be <25%mc.

Yeah that should work out, most of it's one split stuff except for a few pieces. It'll make some nice overnight chunks for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.