small ceiling fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

narutojp

Dec 20, 2005
Naruto, Japan
I'm looking for a small (22") ceiling fan to put at the top of my stairway leading into my attic. I'm limited by the space of the stairwell, so I can't use a regular-sized fan. I've been searching on the internet and found a Monte Carlo 22" mini fan with light, which was available in 2006 but now seems to be discontinued. Does anyone know of any small fans?

I believe that 36" is the smallest that you are going to be able to find. It took me a whole lot of looking to even find one that small. I guess a doorway fan like you see on my avatar wouldn`t work for you?

Is that a triangular fan???? I've never seen a fan like that if it is triangular. It might be possible to use something like that, but I'm hoping I can find a small ceiling fan. Monte Carlo Fans used to make a 22 inch ceiling fan up until a couple of years ago from what I've seen, and they still make a 24 inch fan.

Attachments

• minifan-1.jpg
    minifan-1.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 479
you can buy smaller blades and attach to a standard fan.
ebay/amazon have 17" and 22" blades

Leelli said:
Just buy the smallest one you can find and chop the blades down a bit. If they have white blades it should be pretty easy to paint the ends you cut.

You can get blade replacement sets at Lowes if your cut down mod doesn't work due to balance issues. I go one for around 26 bucks I think a couple years back.. Don't know about the availability of really small ones though; Make sure you get one with a brand name like Hunter or you may not be able to get replacent blades at all . Cheap fans are pretty much junk anyways so get a good one on sale rather than a no name Chinese special. I doubt you could ever find replacement parts for those if chopping blades goes wrong. At least the Hunter I got has a heavy motor and is like a chevy impala, parts all over from several sources and easy to find if needed.

I've just sent e-mail to Monte Carlo company about their 22'' model that no longer seems available. I'll pass on any news I receive. I'll also check into buying the smaller blades for a regular fan - good idea. As to the chopping of blades, I have a slight wobble with my current fan (no chopping done) so I can just guess how much wobble I'd get if I did any playing around with the blades, clumsy as I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.