small inexpensive insert or free standing rear flue exit stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lethal dose

Jan 10, 2011
eastern ohio
hey, guys! been a while. moved from ohio to sc almost 2 years ago and, even though i still have my property up there, i sold all my heating supplies. finally just bought a house down here and have been wanting to get back into wood heat. granted, we only see mid thirties on average at night mid dec-mid feb, i'd still like to keep the heat pump from running as much as i can (brand spankin' new 3.5 ton 13 seer! XD). with that said, i'm probably not going to burn every night and would probably only burn in the evening hours... hence my wanting to get in on the inexpensive side of things. trying to budget $1000 for everything. i offed my nc30 to a member here on the cheap, but would kill my family with a stove that size in my house. i'd like something small like that us stove 1100b but with rear exit or an insert. any ideas? been looking around and watching craigslist like a hawk.

Jøtul F 3 CB

Some decent Drolet inserts on the northern tool website. $1000 for everything is probably stretching it. Make sure you budget for a liner. If you don't have any wood stacked right now, then I'd wait till next season and start working on your stacks. Another year would give you some time to get some more money stashed if need be.

An older Jotul F3: $425
Located in athens, GA: This looks promising for your needs
http://athensga.craigslist.org/atq/3304790802.html
5I55G35E73K63Je3Ncc9tf740f2d0aa981064.jpg

Jotul F100: $750
Located in Boone near Charlotte
http://boone.craigslist.org/for/3292137399.html
5L25E85Fb3Eb3F93J2c9n0604de2405221257.jpg

Reactions: firecracker_77
Yeah... 100% willing to drive but just not ready yet. That jotul is a steal and I already have an email out to him.

Yeah... 100% willing to drive but just not ready yet. That jotul is a steal and I already have an email out to him.

The Jotul is nice looking. I really like the green color. Black is nice, but green and red are better looking to me.

Welcome back lethal dose.... Cant Thank you enough for the deal you gave me on the 30-NC.

Goes to show there are deals out there and you just have to be patient.

BrowningBar has the Highest level of Search Fu and can find a stove anywhere! ! LOL

Hope you can find something to fit the budget. 20°-30° is Cold to me... Brrrrrr.

I'm 100% Mobile (Droid Bionic)... So I am on here everywhere I go..

Went cutting yesterday and today. Just got done. Loadin up to leave now. Got a couple small Cherry trees, an Elm, and a 9 ft section of Osage Orange (decent trunk). Got about 4 yrs worth now... :)

So yeah. A lot of both ;)

I guess so! Haha. I'll look ya up this winter when I'm north. Maybe we can grab a brewski and swing a maul for a minute.

Yeah. Absolutely. Hit me up...

Here is the big stack in the back (and what I still have to split. And if you look in the background. You can see the 8 stacks behind the garage (all 12' long x 4.5' tall) and the woodshed. The big stack in the back is 4' tall x 36' long x 3 rows deep. All cut at 18".

Click to enlarge.
2012-09-30_09-43-56_370.jpg 2012-09-30_09-43-25_82.jpg

Yeah. Absolutely. Hit me up...

Here is the big stack in the back (and what I still have to split. And if you look in the background. You can see the 8 stacks behind the garage (all 12' long x 4.5' tall) and the woodshed. The big stack in the back is 4' tall x 36' long x 3 rows deep. All cut at 18".

Click to enlarge.
View attachment 75501 View attachment 75502

You'll be warm for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.