Small Ironwood score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flatlandr

Oct 29, 2010
Berks County PA
I found three ironwood leaners on a jobsite today. After I bucked them up I split a few and the m.c. was at about 14%. The best part is I get to cut the rest of the standing ones before the site gets cleared. There is also two downed walnut trees and several cherry trees that look like the blew over in the September storms.

Attachments

• ironwood.jpg
    ironwood.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 293
Nice score, timing is everything.

flatlandr said:
I found three ironwood leaners on a jobsite today. After I bucked them up I split a few and the m.c. was at about 14%. The best part is I get to cut the rest of the standing ones before the site gets cleared. There is also two downed walnut trees and several cherry trees that look like the blew over in the September storms.

Great wood for the colder months, nice score.

zap

In your line of work you have been fortunate to get good scores like this, good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.