Small load, nursed the tranny home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basod

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2009
Mount Cheaha Alabama
Well go figure, I spent some time over the past few days fixing up Ol' Blue. Fabbed a new window from plexiglass, fixed the tailgate, brazed the heater core, and added some bed rails to increase the wood volume a little bit. On my may to the wood lot today the transmission started shuttering in first :eek:hh: , second and third are smooth. Oh well, so I kept the load relatively light.
Figured I'd show off the new bedrails that didn't get used. Some stringy hickory and some red oak, and a pic of the new log roller ramp I welded up to get the rounds up on the table without killing myself.

Attachments

• IMG_0404-001.jpg
    IMG_0404-001.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 444
Nice set up for a wood hauler.
Reminded me of my first wood hauler, 73 Ford 250 , 390 CI flat head, 4 on the floor. Granny gear would pull a house if I had traction. side boards & it handled a full load of green birch no problem.

Hope the tranny is a reasonable inexpensive fix :)

Do you pull the splitter all the time? Make sure the gas valve is off ;)

Nice Set up to load the splits right off the splitter & on the truck.
I like the "big round's ramp" :)
What is the gray tarp on the tail gate roller bar for? (Off load roller? )

Good luck with the tranny

It's a loadhandeler. I had one 15yrs ago working on the farm delivering mulch- the smaller verision though.
This one's the LH3000 model, it'll actually unload a load of stone with ease.
I was suprised how well it unloads firewood, crank towards the back, stack pieces, crank some more etc.

I'm gonna drop the pan tommorrow and see if the solenoid may be sticking(acts more like the clutch packs are gone in 1st), unlikely but dropping the tranny probably needs to happen.
A master kit's like $80 new torque converter ~150.

Nice truck.... Hope the tranny aint gonna set you back to much..

How do you like that 2-way splitter. Before I bought my MTD Gold, I was looking heavily at that same model. Seems like you could knock out some wood with it.. Love the ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.