Small Pellet Stove Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

valentine92

Mar 31, 2008
Lehigh Valley, PA
We live in an older ranch home with a basement. We are considering putting a pellet stove insert into our exsisting fireplace on the main level of the house.
Our fireplace is small the deminsions are 25 in wide, 24 in height and 20 in deot.

Our main living area is about 1300 square feet. The only pellet insert that I was able to find that might fit would be the Jamestown J1000. Does anyone have any opinions on this stove?

Also does anyone know of any other small pellet stove inserts that would fit into our fireplace? We are looking for something that built well and will last us a long time if possible.

Thank you all so much for your help.

My brother and I put a free standing pellet stove on
the hearth in front of our fireplace, and added a hearth-pad
extension so it would have the proper clearances to the floor
in front. The pellet vent we installed right up the chimney.
Is there any reason you can't go for this type of install?
It would definitely broaden your list of your stove options.
stcroix-003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.