Small rounds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LLigetfa said:
Manitoulin Maples said:
I started "striping"...
I've heard of some folk doing that with Birch. When wood is harvested by mechanized equipment, the bark is often torn up pretty well.

F'n unreal! Pardon my french, but I'm french! Cheers!

Pretty cool to watch these guys take trees down with these machines. The loggers who just did the cut behind my property had 5 of these things going at one time. But they were taking down maple and birch trees that were 20"+ on the stump and aspen almost as big. They were getting 6-8 sticks out of the big aspens.

I don't know what kind of trees those are, but the bark seems to be very loose, even going thru the limb stripper. The stuff they cut here has a few places where the bark is missing, but not that much. But the rollers that ride on the tree do a nice job of gouging the bark up to help with the drying process.

Status
Not open for further replies.