Small scale commercial solar electric project #2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbcijim

Mar 10, 2008
Schuylkill County, Pa
What's going on with the power generation? It looks like the system peaked out on the 19th.
What should this system be capable of producing, in kwh, daily this time of year?

Clouds! That's what happens whenever it is cloudy. My first system is here, there is a lot more data in that one: http://live.deckmonitoring.com/?id=mbc_solar___bull_s_head

You can see the cloudy days a lot more clearly (no pun intended) when you look over a month or year's data.

It is pretty cool to be outside on a sunny day and know that you are manufacturing money with your solar.

System #2 is forecasted to produce 108,000KW per year. Divided by 365, then penalize it for being short day's - maybe 250-280KW on a good day? I don't look at data on that small of a scale, just month's & years is all I care about so I don't have a better answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.