Small scrounge.... turned big

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auzzie Gumtree

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2012
Replied to an add at the weekend for some free wood ~ 5 miles up the road. Turned out to be quite a big score i made 4 trips and there were still over half left.

I managed to split it there and load it into the Ute. The rounds were way too heavy to lift. The lady who posted the add put the wrong address so there was only me there ==c it doesn't get much easier than this. Its Tasmanian Oak - very nice and clean and easy to split as well. The lady said i would have to have a chainsaw to cut it as the rounds were sooo big - i managed very easily with the X27 just started at the edges and worked my way in - the lady couldn't believe how easy it looked. I was knackered after it though. :rolleyes:

CAM00178.jpgCAM00180.jpg

Nice snag, Auzzie! :cool:
Tasmanian Oak, huh? There's a character called the "Tasmanian Devil" in the Warner Bros. cartoons. He turns into a tornado more or less...is that what happens when you light that Oak? :)
Knackered, eh?...are gonna' get the rest?
What he means is he's "plumb tuckered out." ;lol Yeah, you gonna keep grabbin' more?? ==c

That's auzzome, auzzie.:cool:
Knackered, eh?
How much would you guess is there, and are gonna' get the rest?
I split and loaded 4 ute fulls. It normally takes me 3 utes to a cord so i guess there will be 3 cords total.....

There is actually another tree that had fallen over onto the neighbours roof. It pretty much destroyed half the house. They had a tree guy in and he has chopped all the wood but he has left it on the fence line which is very hard to access. I would guess there would be 6 cords down there maybe more. But a bugger to get to.

Nice snag, Auzzie! :cool:
Tasmanian Oak, huh? There's a character called the "Tasmanian Devil" in the Warner Bros. cartoons. He turns into a tornado more or less...is that what happens when you light that Oak? :)
What he means is he's "plumb tuckered out." ;lol Yeah, you gonna keep grabbin' more?? ==c
The Tasmanian Devil is actually an animal in tasmania - not to be messed with very vicious.
tas devil.jpg

Knackered is a probably an English word (I was born in England - only been in Aus for 6 Years) just means really tired........ ;lol

Reactions: Hills Hoard
Nice score.
Got a close up of the splits,
be nice to see if /which oak, if it looks close to , any of the lower 48 oaks :)

Nice score - just taught a bit about marsupials like the tasmanian devil and tiger in my Bio class. Australia is on my bucket list, but needs to be at the bottom. As a snake enthusiast, I'll probably be dead 20 minutes out of the airport! ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.