Small Scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow&Flame

Minister of Fire
Jun 6, 2011
Central Arkansas
Just cant pass up free wood. I dont think there are two in this pile cut to the same length...ha
He said his grandson cut it up for him and he didnt want any of it. A little bit of all kinds in there.

Attachments

• S5005388.jpg
    S5005388.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: Gark
Hey, free's a good thing. Looks like quite abit. Pretty good score in my book, although its a PITA when their all random lengths

It all burns shadow&flame. Chit I almost stopped so I could pick up one split from the highway the other day, it's been in the same spot for one week, if it's still in the same spot Monday I'll grab it. ==c

zap

Free, already cut. Great score.
It all adds to the stack ;)

I dont know how much is there...just tossed it off the trailer and will go thru it to cut it to length. I figure about a face cord +.
It has been down for about a year...just laying in the guys yard. "Chit I almost stopped so I could pick up one split from the highway the other day, it's been in the same spot for one week, if it's still in the same spot Monday I'll grab it."...been guilty of that myself...:)
I have got to check on a downed red oak limb at a local graveyard. Passed by it again this afternoon...just dont know who to contact about it...

Good that you didn't pass it up. Some good firewood there.

Reactions: Shadow&Flame

Thanks for the heads up Realstone...I found out who to talk with, but still havent gotten him on the phone. I was told it would be alright to go ahead, but
I dont want to step on any toes.

It was a nice find...hate to see it just rot on the ground like that. I dont have the time to work on the smaller scrounges...with all the storms we
have its not hard to find wood down.

That is not a small scrounge if you ask me. It looks like a couple week's firewood for my stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.