Small stove for Yurt?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKSHADOW

Sep 30, 2010
Fairbanks, AK
Everyone,

Looking for a small pellet (or multi-fuel) stove to heat a 4-season yurt that is about 450sqft. I know very small - but the yurt doesn't have that great of an envelope. So far I've narrowed it down to the St. Croix Element. Seems like a decent price point for features as well as appears to be smallest on market. Am I missing something?

More details on use: this stove will be operated at a University by student employees, so maintenance can't be on the level of a "competent do-it-your-selfer", but more of a "tell me what to do in 4 steps or less and I'll do it".

And one last question: Being a complete newbie with pellet stoves, do multi-fuel units burn different quality wood pellets better than a pellet-only stove? We don't really have good access to the other fuels that multi units burn, but if they burned a wider range of wood pellets better than I would consider one.

for a yurt in AK i'd recommend looking at mid sized units( ones rated to heat at lease twice your square footage or more),
they run on a t-stat so you wont over heat your space , and having the extra heating capacity will be nice at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.