small stove sized tool set?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffman3

Nov 20, 2007
S.W. Nebraska
We are looking for a small stove sized tool set that includes a coal rake, preferably hand forged black iron. Does anyone have a source they would like to share or recommend? I have found a few that would work ok but not just what we want. Allot of what I have seen look like they won't hold up to daily use and abuse.

Thanks Sue! Thats pretty close to what we are looking for. Now it's just a matter of convincing my wife that we need to get this now. We talked about it and desided that we need to get a set, but she wanted to wait a bit to do it. See how it goes.... I know I'll let her clean out the stove with the shovel we have now. One time will do it I'm sure! :lol: the handle is probably 20" or more and then probably a 10" blade on the shovel. It is just plain to big for this little stove!

You might take a look at Lehman's store (www.lehmans.com). I got ours there and it is just right for our small stove. Very high quality and looks in proper proportion when next to the stove.

I bought one of those cute little "mini" sets for woodstoves. Poker, shovel, ash rake, and another nearly useless broom. I was going to use it with my shop stove. What I found is that, while the cleaning tools are nicely sized, the poker's a bust for me, because it's too short. Very often during burning, I want to poke around in there, especially prior to reload, or if a split has rolled down against the window. I'm too lazy to put on a glove every time I want to do this, and the little mini poker's so short that I just can't use it to good effect before the heat from the fire drives me right out of there. So I'm still using the good old tools I always have, which include a couple of short little antique ash shovels for when it's time to do that chore. I'd be happy to send you my mini tool set, as I've no use for it. Rick

USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate box. $13.50 and the set's yours. PM me if interested. Rick

EDIT: Tape measure not included.

Attachments

• minitools.jpg
    minitools.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 221
if they don;t want i'll buy it for my insert Fossil

OK, Mr. jeffman3...you got 'til midnight Eastern Standard Time...otherwise it goes to Stevebass4. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.