Small Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lopi sells an offset adapter as an option. And the answer or revere would fit.

I couldn't find the offset adapter on their site, but I've seen it there. I've seen them advertised other places also. Seems to me an insert is the way to go for you.

Look at all the smaller inserts. Avalon, Hearthstone, Osburn, VC, Lopi, Jotul... There really are a lot of good insert options and with that small a house an insert with a blower would easily heat the whole thing.

I believe the Intrepid sells for somewhere around $1399?

BeGreen said:
I believe the Intrepid sells for somewhere around $1399?

Did they go up? When I last looked I saw them for 1099. Granted that was 1.5 years ago.

You could be right. Lehman's is selling them for $1399 in black painted model. There are a couple on eBay for $1500 in enamel. Was that for the Cat version or the Non-Cat version?

BeGreen said:
You could be right. Was that for the Cat version or the Non-Cat version?

I guess I'm not sure. I don't remember the CAT vs non-CAT being a big difference though maybe 100 bucks. Still even at 1399, that's not a bad price for that stove. They really are nice looking.

ScottG said:
Thanks again everyone! I'm taking in all of this info. Good stuff. It's only June, but I'm looking forward to getting something installed and ready for the fall!

I'm going to install SS liner in the chimney (It's currently a fieldstone chimney with clay flue tiles). The chimney isnt terribly high -about 15'-, so hopefully I'll be able to get some kind of insulation around the liner during the install to keep the liner warm and improve draft. I may need to extend also, we shall see...

I have a Jotul C450 insert vented into a 16' tall exterior chimney. I insulated my liner and I have great draft....even in summertime! You can buy a kit consisting of 20' or 25' of 1/2" thick insulation (don't get the 1/4" stuff) with spray adhesive and a wire mesh net all for about $260 for the kit. It's easy to wrap it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.