Small Sugar Maple Limb

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Went up top and grabbed a nice load of sugar maple from the limb that came down, ran the 390 on some of it then the 660. Attached are some pictures.

GIBIR

Attachments

• 100_3302.jpg
    100_3302.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 261
  • 100_3304.jpg
    100_3304.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 100_3309.jpg
    100_3309.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 273
  • 100_3310.jpg
    100_3310.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 267
Nice-looking wood. I know I've burned some in the past, but I doubt that it was very dry. :lol:

There's a dead standing Sugar Maple over the power lines on the empty lot next to me. Neighbor said I could have it and has called to have it taken down, but they haven't shown up yet (good because I've got my hands full getting Ash right now.) But I'm looking forward to having a stash of good Maple to mix in for the 2012 season.
:)

Woody Stover said:
Nice-looking wood. I know I've burned some in the past, but I doubt that it was very dry. :lol:

There's a dead standing Sugar Maple over the power lines on the empty lot next to me. Neighbor said I could have it and has called to have it taken down, but they haven't shown up yet (good because I've got my hands full getting Ash right now.) But I'm looking forward to having a stash of good Maple to mix in for the 2012 season.
:)

Beech or Sugar Maple is our go to wood during the coldest months, this wood won't be burned until 2014 -2015. Speaking of ash I noticed a nice size tree in the last area I worked yesterday.

GIBIR

Well then Zap, it is time for you to get your ash out.

Status
Not open for further replies.