Smaller freestander for existing fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

crojack

Oct 23, 2018
Hi, read through the posts but still need some help.

I have an existing fireplace that is 27" High clear at the front. The only freestander I've found that fits is the Jotul F100. Any other smaller wood stoves y'all know about that would fit in my fireplace? It can get a little overwhelming researching stoves. If I need to, I'll go to an insert. House is only 900sf with gas furnace, so don't need anything huge.
W36xH27xD24

Thanks!

The Hampton H200 and H300 are available with short leg kits so that they can fit in a fireplace. If the stove room is open to the rest of the house I would go for the H300 for longer burns and more reserve heating. If the room is closed off by normal doors then the H200.

Spent the past few weeks researching and shopping the H300 for the exact application you mentioned. My fireplace is a little taller. The Hampton H300 was my top choice. Its really built well. Seemed very easy to operate and use. Wound up going a different route on a deal on a used stove, but the H300 was my top choice!

I was going that route but ended up purchasing an insert.

But the stove that I was about to buy is NOVA by MFFIRE.

This is a young company who have a very good but EXTREMELY expensive large stove and have just came out with there second product NOVA stove which is small yet powerful. They also sell blowers to go with the stove.

I called the owner and negotiated a 10% off their price and that also included 10% off the blower, but I agreed to pay with a check.

This stove is BRAND NEW... just been released so it has not been tested, but I really like the look and I do trust the company. Good luck.

Thanks for the help everyone!

I'll check out the Hamptons. That NOVA does look good, I like the style, but that is way out of my budget.

Actually going to look at a used Lopi Revere insert this evening, for the price I would be happy with it! From my research Lopi makes some good stoves?

Thanks for the help everyone!

I'll check out the Hamptons. That NOVA does look good, I like the style, but that is way out of my budget.

Actually going to look at a used Lopi Revere insert this evening, for the price I would be happy with it! From my research Lopi makes some good stoves?

We used to have a Lopi Revere in our former home. We enjoyed it. We bought it precisely because it was more “stovish” than a flush insert. It heated our large basement family room well, and we eventually started using it for most of our heat for the whole house. It should have no trouble handling 900 sq feet.