Smelling smoke from my enviro m55 cast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cuznvin said:
I was interested in purchasing an Enviro M55, but after reading all these issues with smoke, I am turned off to it. I am not handy and there is no way I am taking a stove apart and sealing leaks, especially after spending thousands of dollars on it. I am on Long Island also and looking for a good dealer that will sell me a stove with the least issues. Are there any out there?

A good dealer will not leave your house until the stove has been fired, you have been shown how to properly operate it, and they have answered any questions you may have.

Part of the installation involves making certain the exhaust system and stove are smoke tight. They should also have the required access to technical bulletins dealing with issues encountered on previous installations.

An excellent dealer will also preburn the stove to stop or severely curtail the paint curing smells from a new stove.

Your choice of dealer is the single most important decision you will make unless you can handle the job yourself.

I agree, but seems like the dealers here just want to sell you a stove they make the most money on. Plus, they are selling at suggested retail. This guy yesterday said if we buy in the summer we can get a discount.. REALLY?

Cusvin
Dont let the smoke smell turn you off to these stoves. 99.9 percent of the smells are from the venting pipe and usually an easy fix. I bought my Enviro M55 Cast fs from Brick Fix In Center Moriches. 631-878-2200. Dont know where on the Island you are But I highly recommend them for your stove purchase. I Love My enviro. Great heat, little maintenance, and beautiful to look at. They do carry other makes but once you see the m 55 you might not want to buy anything else He also pre burned my stove to avoid any of the paint curing smell associated with first burns. Very happy with the customer service.

Thanks! Im in Centereach. I was really leaning towards the Avalon/Lopi.. Do you know if they sell those there also?

what stove did you go with

M55 Cast insert- two friends as well.All of us are looking for a source of good pellets, any suggestions?

kykel said:
what stove did you go with

Im still in "search mode" :-0 Probably will decide within a week or so.. What other brands does Brick Fix sell?

Cuzvin I had stoped in centereach to the avalon dealer. Expensive. Also they are more maintenance. The ash collects outside the burnpot then you have to shut down stove open two trap doors and sweep into the ash tray. Depending on type of pellets this could be a daily chore. The enviro ash drops directly into the ash pan. Verry little maintenance.

Thats definitely a plus.

Ya..that guy is expensive. We went to him when in the market for a propane fireplace.

iburm
Unfortunatly anyone other than boxstores on LI ask for a ton of money for good pellets.I buy from Pellets Now.com. I get turman for 240 a ton but That price is for a full truckload (22 tons) I split it with 6 neighbors and I have to unload it ( I have a Bobcat). there over 300 a ton here on the Island. Try wood pellets.com They have a few different brands and if you order for all three of you you might get a better deal and save on delivery charges.

Jtakeman had a chart of pellets he tested if you can look back for his post or PM him. It will give you an idea of what pellets are good and what were better

What did you guys think of Ashwood? Im pretty sure they told me there pellets were a little over $200 ordered thru them. Ill check on that and get back..

Thats a good price do you know what brand

I wasnt thrilled with them probably because Im a non smoker and they smoked in the building. Seemed more important to smoke than wait on customers

Im a nonsmoker also, but didnt notice any smoke. Patchogue or Farmingville?

I dont know the brand of the pellets.

farmingville

hey all I was searching brick stone and fireplace in center Moriches and found this thread. We will be purchasing the enviro m55 cast this week, The owners Bill & Billy, seem very honest, but today in this world unfortunately you have to be so careful. If anyone has had a problem with them can you let me know. It seems like you all love the stove if you have any tips that you think would be helpful I'm all ears. This is all new to me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.