SMELLY Stove At 25 Hrs Burn Time!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew1024

Jan 29, 2008
Central NJ
My mt vernon ae still reaks! It is a chemically, paint type smell coming from the back top vent adapter area. Giving me a runny nose and headache. No wood smell per say just chemical smell. Could the smell be a symptom of another problem or give it more time? FYI, I've been running it for 8 hrs straight today.

My CB1200 is finally fixed after several hours of running it with:

1. the auger door adjusted to maximum
2. the "heat output" setting on high
3. the "fan speed" on low (to let more heat stay in the stove)

I ran it like this for about 3 hours recently (after previously running for around 10 hours total) with a fan in the window and my living room got up to about 110° Fahrenheit.

No more stinkies...

Put it this way...

If you're not setting off smoke alarms in the house and answering your door to find your neighbor who wants to know if everything is OK it's not hot enough yet...

cncpro said:
If you're not setting off smoke alarms in the house and answering your door to find your neighbor who wants to know if everything is OK it's not hot enough yet...
LOL! My wife is worried the neighbors will call the fire department. She woke up this morning with the stove running (it's set to kick on and warm things up to 70 at 5am before turning back off at 8am). The stove is in the fireplace in the living room opposite a wall of windows. She said in the dark all she saw was the reflection of the flames bouncing off the walls in the room and reflected in the windows. She figured the neighbors might see it, notice the house was dark and think it was a fire while we were sleeping and call the fire department. Never thought about that myself, but I've never run it when there weren't lights on in the room.

DiggerJim said:
cncpro said:
LOL! My wife is worried the neighbors will call the fire department. She woke up this morning with the stove running (it's set to kick on and warm things up to 70 at 5am before turning back off at 8am). The stove is in the fireplace in the living room opposite a wall of windows. She said in the dark all she saw was the reflection of the flames bouncing off the walls in the room and reflected in the windows. She figured the neighbors might see it, notice the house was dark and think it was a fire while we were sleeping and call the fire department. Never thought about that myself, but I've never run it when there weren't lights on in the room.

When its about 20 degrees out and the wife is coming home in the snow, she'll be real happy to see those flames bouncing off the walls. :) And the neighbors will be jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.