Smoke coming out of the blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atward

Dec 12, 2008
Western NC
Got a Appalachian insert Cat. SS liner in a masonry chimney inside the house. I just reloaded and now have smoke coming out the blower. Like pouring out the blower when it is on. Any ideas? I have been having to clean the Cat 2x a month this season as it is getting clogged w ash. But when that happens the fire smolders. Now I have a hot fire that burns fine when all shut down, but something is not right

Pull the blower and clean it out well. I had something like this happen when the blower sucked in an ember on reload. The ember, plus really dry dust etc, plus airflow gave combustion in there. It's important to clean the blower to avoid that as well as for blower longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.