Smoke in house....Pipe Leak I think...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalDon

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2012
Meadow Valley, CA
Yesterday came home and the house smelled of smoke. My wife said it had been smoking up for an hour or so, all night I struggled to figure it out, then today figured that it must be coming from the flue pipe. How the heck could it come loose when we had no movement whatsoever to the stove, the pipe, no earth movement, nothing out of the ordinary. IT has only been since last march since the install.

attachment.ashx

Picture needs to be uploaded. When was the flue and cap last cleaned?

Reactions: ScotO
Back puff could do it.

When was the flue and cap last cleaned?
Ding!! Ding!! Ding!! Ding!! We have a winner!!!! Brushed it all out today and working great. Thank you Green for the idea. Been burning a ton of cedar and while it burns hot and does not leave a lot of creosote, the fine, fine ash is clingy and it built up a blockage. Got about 2 gal of it out all in all. Having a sweep come in Monday for a more thorough job. and to get the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.