Smoke in the house??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixman

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Apr 12, 2010
Central Texas
Last night I kept smelling smoke in the house and I can't figure out for sure where it was coming from. I have a new stove install that I did myself and I have been all over the stove and double checked the chimney. I even checked in the attic last night and no smell of smoke up there. I went outside to see where the wind was taking the smoke and there was not much wind so it was just drifting off the back side of the house. Just wondering if maybe it was entering from normal places where a cold draft might enter ie. doors, windows, and wall outlets. Anyone else have issues with smoke drifting in?

It happens once and a while. If the draft is weak, or possibly pulling a negitive in the house. When you burn wood your gonna get a whif of smoke on occasion

Sounds like it was not serious. Of course smoke can enter the house just like cold air enters. I remember one night it was hot in the house. I went to bed and shortly thought I'd just crack the window open a bit. Whoa! Smoke smell made that window close fast! It happens. Change in direction of air; low pressure systems causing smoke to stay down at the ground rather than going up, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.