smoke outside

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGISLANDHIKERS

Feeling the Heat
Sep 12, 2007
I have a mt vernon ae. Has anyone else get any smoke ouside when running on higher levels. I don't get what I would call alot...just a little. Mostly notice it when I'm running on high. It's been enough over time to turn a large area of siding sooty.

Try adjusting the air MORE AIR

You can't really adjust anything on the AE except the flame height and the fuel type unless there are some hidden features I don't know about.

Rod I can't believe you didn't rant about the direct vent setup... as he has said many times with the direct vent setup you will get crud on the house. I always explain this to customers up front and if they don't mind it we will do it. If they don't want it they can pay for the extra venting to go up to the roof.

jtp10181 said:
You can't really adjust anything on the AE except the flame height and the fuel type unless there are some hidden features I don't know about.

Rod I can't believe you didn't rant about the direct vent setup... as he has said many times with the direct vent setup you will get crud on the house. I always explain this to customers up front and if they don't mind it we will do it. If they don't want it they can pay for the extra venting to go up to the roof.

Im blue in the face saying over and over DONT direct vent
LOL
see the bottom of my help page
Tips on if Your pellet stove is burning lazy and or getting smoke in the house
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13419/

No there is no way to adjust the air unless flame height does that and I already have it at -5...the lowest setting. I believe this adjusts the feed rate. If I was to go all the way up my verticle would have been about 20 feet or more. My stove is in the basement.

How far out from the wall is the termination cap? You might be able to extend that a little to alleviate some of the soot buildup.

Status
Not open for further replies.