1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeTammy

JoeTammy New Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    I recently hooked up a Breckwell Big E with Simpson Duravent exhaust vent. I've sealed all the joints including the manufactured joints in the 90 degree elbow with silicone rated for pellet stove vent pipe. We are still getting smoke seeping out somewhere but cannot see it even with all lights out and using a flashlight. The room where the stove is located has a cathedral ceiling in it and when we put on the ceiling fan your eyes nearly begin to burn with the smoke the fan pushes back down on you. Any idea what I can do to eliminate the smoke seepage?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border

Is it actually smoke seepage or could it be the black stove paint curing ? If so open the windows and run the stove at a high setting for 5 hrs or more to cure the paint..
  3. JoeTammy

JoeTammy New Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    I am almost certain it is smoke from the pellets. You can tell a difference between the smell of smoke and the fumes of the newness smell burning off.
  4. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    Double check your vent system, only place it can come from. From the adapter on up.
  5. woodsman23

woodsman23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western southern tier of NYS
    Wrap all joints with metal tape and restart stove (all joints)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.