smoke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdpattison

Nov 8, 2008
midwest
can anybody help an idiot trying to use a pellet stove? my issue with my breckwell 23I is during start up when the burn chamber fills up with smoke it bores out front vents above the door. I have checked everything a this idiot can think of I've read thousands of troubleshooting guides call a dealer and read forums. replaced door seal, resealed exhaust pipe routed inlet air vent. it seems the smoke is some how mixing with the air chamber that gives out heat then comes out vent, as soon as the smoke clears out of burn chamber it takes 30 seconds and smoke stops, then I have to air out house then it burns great till I shut off and start it back up. I would appreciate any advice please I know nobody wants to help an idiot. Thanks rv guy

Tell us a little bit more about our vent setup?

If your combustion blower is working then I am thinking maybe a natural draft problem, or bad seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.