SMOKED TURKEY IN WOOD STOVE GREAT!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sure that's probably OK for you wood stove guys.

Pellet stove? Forget it (the turkey would not fit through the auger - don't ask me how I know).

Happy Thanksgiving.

Kenny said:
Yeah, sure that's probably OK for you wood stove guys.

Pellet stove? Forget it (the turkey would not fit through the auger - don't ask me how I know).

Happy Thanksgiving.
Oh come on now The turkey doesn't go in the hopper..... Try the burnpot next time with one of those little oven stuffer roaster thingys :p

Oh yeah the bio bricks don't feed too well either :lol:

everybody knows you deep fry your turkey....not smoke it.

I just hope this thread does not end up debating the merits of a manual knife vs electric for "splitting" the turkey.

Although anyone with a gas power carving knife, that I would like to see.

Kenny said:

Look, we wood stove burners burn real wood splits and real whole turkeys. You pellet stove guys burn ground up wood pellets, and therefore, must burn ground turkey meat as well. Go to the supermarket and pick some up... :lol:

-- Mike

Sheesh!!!

In my grandparents house, not to far from ELK and Earth, there is a big Glenwood wood burning cookstove in the basement. She used to cook the best turkey in that thing...would not fit in the regular oven in the kitchen...

Kenny said:
I just hope this thread does not end up debating the merits of a manual knife vs electric for "splitting" the turkey.

I like to use my gas powered hedge trimmer. It cuts REAL good.

Kenny said:

Isn't that what this is for? :)

Attachments

• MS880.gif
    MS880.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 265
Status
Not open for further replies.